Here is a quick and easy way to make Southwestern spring rolls which are similar to the ones served at Chili's Bar and Grill.
These are made with a flour tortillas which contain:
- Smoked chicken
- black beans
- jalapeño Jack cheese
- red peppers
- 16 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces corn, drained
- 2 cups fresh washed and drained
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 15 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups grated mexican cheese blend
- cooking oil
- prepared salsa
- sour cream
- Combine all ingredients except oil, tortillas, sour cream & salsa, mix well.
- Put approx 2 tbs of mixture on each tortilla, roll tortilla into a thin taquito.
- Heat frying pan to med/high heat
- Using 1 tbs cooking oil per 2-3 taquito's, shallow fry in saute pan.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream.
NOTE: This is the vegetarian version. You can marinate chicken breasts in a mexican seasonings and cook on a George Foreman Grill. Just slice the chicken thinly and add to your tortilla mixture.
AVOCADO RANCH DIPPING SAUCE
Chili’s Copycat Recipe
This a great buttermilk avocado ranch dressing that is used most often with Chili’s Southwestern Eggrolls. I would encourage you to try with some of the other Chili’s restaurant recipes including a simple salad.
Whether you’re using it as a dipping sauce or a salad dressing, this is one you’re going to want to make up fresh because of the avocado. If you do this up too far in advance the avocado will begin to get a funny taste to it. The vinegar will help to preserve the avocado, but I would stick to making it the day ahead.
1/4 cup mayonnaise – Don’t use the low-fat unless needed. It will change the flavor.
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
dash dill weed
dash garlic powder
dash ground black pepper
2 tablespoons tomato, chopped
1 tablespoon onion, chopped
Place the avocado in a bowl and mash with a fork until it’s smooth. Some small lumps are ok and add to the flavor. Add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the chopped tomato and onion. Stir until everything is mixed well. Place in a small serving bowl and top with the chopped tomato and onion.