What makes this Chili's restaurant copycat recipe special is the ranchero sauce.
sliced chicken breast
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1/4 cup of chopped onion
shredded cheddar cheese
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 serrano or jalapeno chile, seeded and diced
3 cups diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground chile
Make the Ranchero Sauce
- Heat the oil, and saute the garlic, serrano and onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add in the tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes for about 5 or 6 minutes until they become wilted.
- Add in the seasonings and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- You can serve the sauce as is, or you can let the sauce cool and blend it.
Make the Quesadilla
- Grill or saute the chicken.
- Mix the chicken and the sauce together.
- Butter the outside of your tortilla.
- Add the cheese, and chicken/ranchero sauce filling.
- Fold the tortilla and cook in a hot skillet.