The Quesadilla Explosion Salad is a new item on the Chili's Bar and Grill menu. This is a really tasty and exciting entree. Here you will find a shopping list of ingredients needed and directions on how to make this restaurant food at home using a George Foreman Indoor Grill.
Fajita marinated chicken, mixed cheese, corn relish, cilantro, diced tomato, crispy tortilla strips and ancho-chili ranch dressing. Served with grilled cheese quesadilla wedges and citrus balsamic dressing.
- boneless chicken breast, sliced in bite size pieces
- fajita marinade, bottled or mix packet
- flour totillas
- shredded mexican cheese blend
- red onion
- 2 limes
- ranch salad dressing
- balsamic vinegar salad dressing
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- 2 cups of corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Whip the oil and vinegar together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Cover the relish and chill overnight.
Makes 3 cups.
I couldn't find ancho chilis in my grocery store so I substituted chipotle in adobo sauce which is very similiar. To make the spicy ranch dresssing use:
- 1 cup of bottled ranch salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers
- 2 teaspoons of adobo sauce from the chipotle can
You can substitute 4 teaspoons of red salsa from a jar if you don't have the chipotle peppers.
Citrus Balsamic Dressing
- 1 cup of balsamic & oil salad dressing
- 1-2 juice of lime depending on your taste
Take a flour torilla and use a pizza cutter to slice into thin strips. Place on a George Foreman grill and cook until crispy or fry in a pan with oil.
Fajita Marinated Chicken
Marinate your chicken breast in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Place your slices on a George Foreman grill and cook until done. It only takes a few minutes to grill or you can cook in a frying pan.
I make these on the George Foreman grill also. I just wrap a couple of flour torillas in alumiun foil and place on the grill to warm and soften. Then I fill 1 tortilla at a time halfway full of cheese, fold in half and place on the grill to melt the cheese. So Easy and so Fun.
Build Your Salad
- Place lettuce on the bottom.
- Add a generous amount of corn relish.
- Put on diced tomatoes.
- Top with citrus balsamic dressing.
- Layer on tortilla strips.
- Add grilled fajita chicken strips.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese.
- Drizzle with the spicy ranch dressing.
- Serve with quesadilla wedges on the side.
Sounds like a lot of work but really isn't to get a real restaurant food at home.