16 tortilla chips (Large and whole, not broken)
1 vidalia onion (cut in half and sliced)
1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 (1 ounce) envelope of fajita seasoning mix
1 bell pepper (cut in half, deseeded, then sliced into strips)
1 cup lettuce (shredded)
1 uncooked boneless chicken breast (cut in strips)
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup of pace thick & chunky salsa
2 tablespoons sour cream
- Saute the chicken, onions, & peppers as directed on the seasoning pack.When done, drain mixture and set aside.
- Place the tortilla chips in a circle on a large plate that is oven proof or microwaveable.
- Layer the chicken, onions, & peppers on top of the tortilla chips.
- Layer the shredded cheeses on top of the chicken, and top with jalepeno peppers.
- Place the plate in oven at 350 degrees just until the cheeses are melted or microwave on medium.
- When the nachos are ready, add the shredded lettuce in the middle of the platter.
- Top the lettuce with the salsa & the sour cream and guacamole.