- 12 ounces penne
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 firm-ripe roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne according to package directions.
- Add half-and-half; stir until thickened, 6 minutes. Remove from heat; add parmesan, salt and pepper. Cover.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Rub Cajun seasoning and cayenne evenly over chicken.
- Warm oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in center, 6-8 minutes.
- Slice chicken.
- In a bowl, toss pasta with sauce. Top with chicken and tomatoes and serve.
NOTE: You can skip step 2 and just use a jar of prepared Alfredo Sauce.