Ginger Citrus Sauce
Wasabi Ranch Dressing
2 chicken breast fillets
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup bottled ranch salad dressing
4 to 8 cups vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon corn starch
2 Tablespoons buttermilk
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 cup flour
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon powdered wasabi
2 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons fresh ginger
1 drop green food coloring
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup milk
To Make the Chicken
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt, peppers and paprika in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Slice each chicken breast in 6 pieces.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then into the breading. Repeat the process so that each piece of chicken is double coated.
- When all the pieces of chicken have been breaded, arrange them on a plate and chill for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken has rested. Drop each piece into the hot oil and fry for 5 to 6 minutes until they are browned. You may have to fry in batches so that the chicken isn't too crowded in the deep fryer.
- Remove the chicken onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Then, place them in a large bowl with a lid and pour in the ginger citrus sauce. Cover with a lid and shake everything around until each piece of chicken is coated with sauce.
- Pour the chicken onto a plant and serve with the wasabi ranch dip.
To Make the Ginger Citrus Sauce
- Dissolve the corn starch in a bowl of water,
- Pour the water into a medium saucepan along with the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until thick.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool a bit.
To Make the Wasabi Ranch Dressing
- Whisk together all the ingredients listed in that category in a small bowl.
- Cover and chill this until the wings are finished cooking.